Subject: Books & Videos for Lightwave 5.0
From: Manuel Coats <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:38:38 -0700

People have been asking questions about 5.0 training material and 
I posted a message about some things we are doing at Lightspeed 
to satisfy this area for now.  For those of you who don't read 
the newsgroup, I'll re-post my reply here:

The questions had to do with LW4.0 and whether it was covered in 
videos:

All the "Project 4.0" videos cover Lightwave 4.0.  Also, although 
not in any of our ads, we are currently working on an addendum 
video for Lightwave 5.0. that will be part of the PROJECT 4.0 
series.  It should be shipping in 4-6 weeks (Not that again!) 
just in time for Lightwave 5.0's release.  We did not expect 
Newtek to announce such an early shipping date and didn't want to 
advertise products for something that wasn't going to be shipping 
for several months.  The price will be the same as the Project 
4.0 videos ($39.95).  We'll put more information about it up on 
our web page http://www.webcom.com/lghtspd in the next few days.
Alan Chan will be the host of this video as well.

We also have some new chapters that cover all of LW 5.0's new 
features that will snap right into the current FX KIT FOR 
LIGHTWAVE books.  They will be printed and shipping in about 4 
weeks. Snapping the new pages in takes about 30 seconds.  Price 
is still to be announced, but expected price should be around 
$19.95.  All customers who ordered the FX KIT FOR LIGHTWAVE book 
through LIGHTSPEED will receive a mailer with details and exact 
pricing.  If you bought the FX Kit through somebody other than 
us, sign up on our mailing list by visiting our web page and 
registering.

For those of you who want to purchase the FX KIT FOR LIGHTWAVE 
book and the 5.0 upgrade chapters, please call 805-726-3545 or if 
in the US call 800-764-8696.  Our new shipment of FX KIT FOR 
LIGHTWAVE books should be arriving in about 10 days.
As is always our policy, we do not charge pre-ordered items until 
we actually ship them to you.

Regards,

Manuel Coats
LIGHTSPEED